Thursday, August 29, 2013

Falling Forward

Well, the ole Dell has gone on to be with Computer Jesus.  I'm unsure if we are going to ever be able to revive her.  So, as it stands now, I'm updating my blog from my iPhone.  If you have never tried working on a blog from your iPhone, I don't recommend it.  As awesome as my iPhone is, it's pretty limited in its blogging capabilities.  I may just be less technically advanced than the average Joe, but I can't even figure out how to edit any of my current pages outside of editing just the blogs themselves.  I've also yet to figure out how to add a pre-recorded video.  Should have reconsidered that Criminal Justice degree.  What can you do?

So, my now poor computer is broken down and it matches my broken down body!  Ha!  Not going to let that get me down though!  I'll do what I can to keep the blog up from my beloved iPhone until I figure something else out!

In the meantime, I'm pressing onward.  I think I have officially reclassified my recent failures from the category of failures to simply falling forward!  DDP said that while we were talking on DDPRadio last night and he couldn't be more right.  Although I have had an extremely challenging few months, I still haven't given up, and I won't!  No matter how many road blocks are set in my path, I'm not throwing in the towel!  Although I'm only down 30 pounds right now, I had gained back 15 of the 40 I lost.  That's been primarily due to a lack of working out because of my current arthritic flare and fatigue issues.  Unlike before when I would have such issues and just say screw all of it, I haven't done that this time.  Although I'm not eating perfectly, I'm still eating gluten-free save a piece of cake at my cousin's wedding last weekend...

My dog can die, my computer can fizzle, my body can revolt, whatever else can happen: it  doesn't matter.  Life's been throwing all it's got at me for a hot minute.  I'm gonna keep on trucking and when I fall, I'm gonna fall forward.  Then I'm going to get up, dust myself off, and do it again.


  1. I love you. You are amazing, You got this. You've been through worse, and thrived.

  2. Proud of you! The woman I heard on DDP Radio the other night had the sound of someone who had already conquered, and when you think about it, you really have given that you are living your life at 90%. Now that you've mastered the 90% the other 10% will take care of itself.

    DDPYoga4Life, Mark